Topics Survey and Upcoming Events Schedule for Fall 2017 and Winter 2018
Update 10/3/2017: Due to scheduling problems, we switched the Jan 9 and Feb 6 events. Below list has been changed accordingly — Birgit
Between June 6th and June 26th, we surveyed members of Tech4Good SWFL to find out their interest levels for 10 Event suggestions as for the basis for our meeting schedule for the next six months of Tech4Good SWFL meetings.
Google Analytics – August 1st, 2017
What do various data point mean? How to set-up Goals for conversion tracking? What can you learn from the performance of your site?
Storymakers 2017 Workshop – September 5th, 2017
How to tell your nonprofit story with Adobe Spark, free online software tools for storytelling and social media.
Storymakers 2017 is TechSoup’s annual storytelling contest. It will launch on September 5, 2017, and run through October 31, 2017. TechSoup will award over $7,000 in cash prizes to the top community and expertly judged stories on November 15, 2017.
Tools for Effective Email Communication – October 3rd, 2017
How to use MailChimp free Automation tools? What is a good signature? What are good subject lines? How to set-up a MailChimpp campaign
Online Nonprofit Makeover – November 7th, 2017
Whether you are struggling with your social media work or working on a website “redesign” here’s your chance to crowdsource some advice.
Happy Holidays Happy Hour – December 5th, 2017
Celebrating the Holidays with Tech4Good SWFL members and friends.
Facebook Live – January 9th, 2018 (Note! One week later than usual)
How to plan, prepare, execute video live streaming and follow-up with the audience
Google Drive – February 6th, 2018
How to use Google Forms, Mass Mailing, Calendar & Google Maps.
Subscribe to our eNews to receive notifications when registration for each event opens.
Our Collaborative Topics Development Process
- After each meeting, we collect session evaluations from attendees. The last question is “What topics would you most like to learn about or discuss at a Tech4Good SWFL meeting?”.
- We collected all answers in a Google Document and shared it among Tech4Good SWFL organizers team members
- We rearranged the wishlist items by topic categories.
- During our team call, we discussed the list and collected additional ideas. At the end of the call, we came up with ten events topics and a preliminary idea of format and content.
- All ten event ideas were listed in a Google Forms Survey so Tech4Good SWFL members could vote on it. They marked each topic with their interest level: “Very Interested”, “Interested” and “Not interested at all”.
- This year 32 votes were collected, which is a 33% increase from last topic survey in November 2016.
- After we had closed the survey, we gave each interest level points: Very interested = 2 points, Interested = 1 point and for every “Not interested at all” we subtracted 1 Point.
- We now took the top five topics and plug them in our schedule around holiday parties and monthly topics.