Social Media Surgery: Hands on social media advice & help – October 6th, 2015
- Do you need a hand in learning social media basics, like posting photos on Facebook or writing a tweet?
- Maybe you have questions about how to track the clicks on your links, or use Facebook Insights.
- Maybe you would like to chat with someone about your social media strategy.
- Maybe you’re a social media pro yourself, and want to share your experience with others.
- Or, maybe you just need an annual check-up!
This month we’re acting out: a social media surgery.
Social media surgery is an informal, informative, and fun event started in the UK, where anyone in the community with questions about how to use social media (“patients”) come and sit down with an expert (“surgeons”, aka “doctors” as we would say) and get one-on-one, friendly, personal advice.
Think of this as an unconference: What happens at the event depends on who comes and what they want to learn. So bring your questions! Because of the nature of the event, you never know what you might learn or discover from other participants!
On hand to help answer your questions will be experts from our community who have the knowledge and experience necessary to inform and instruct you in using platforms and tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Bit.ly, Pinterest, Google+ and Tumblr and many more.
Our social media experts surgeons so far:
- Batya Maman @BatyaMaman
- Mark Benson @MarkInNaplesFL
- Renee Waller @naplesbotanical
- If you feel you have knowledge to share as a “surgeon”, bring your answers!
Ocotber 6h, 2015 – 6pm at Vanderbilt Presbyterian Church, 1225 Piper Boulevard, Naples, FL 34110
Event is free. Please RSVP so we know how much food to organize!
Dinner will be served by Nick Lafakis, chef of Nico’s Kitchen.
web & mobile developer for business and nonprofits in Naples, Florida. WordPress Meetup SWFL organizer, Netsquared organizer, #nptech, photographer.
Works at Pauli Systems, Naples , FL (project manager for Enterprise WordPress and CiviCRM implementations, custom API integrations) , volunteer at NPTechProjects providing nonprofit technology support and education in Florida and deputy on WordPress Global Community Team.