Apr 4 – Hands-on Social Media Advice & Help at Social Media Surgery
Back again at Tech4Good SWFL!
- Do you need a hand in learning social media basics, like posting photos on Facebook or writing a tweet?
- Maybe you have questions about how to track the clicks on your links, or use Facebook Insights.
- Maybe you would like to chat with someone about your social media strategy.
- Maybe you’re a social media pro yourself, and want to share your experience with others.
- Or, maybe you just need an annual check-up!
This month we’re acting out: a social media surgery.
Social media surgery is an informal, informative, and fun event started in the UK, where anyone in the community with questions about how to use social media (“patients”) come and sit down with an expert (“surgeons”, aka “doctors” as we would say) and get one-on-one, friendly, personal advice.
Think of this as an unconference: What happens at the event depends on who comes and what they want to learn. So bring your questions! Because of the nature of the event, you never know what you might learn or discover from other participants!
On hand to help answer your questions will be experts from our community who have the knowledge and experience necessary to inform and instruct you in using platforms and tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Bit.ly, Pinterest, Google+ and Tumblr and many more.
Our social media experts surgeons so far:
- Karole Davis – Collier County Engagement Manager at Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida and
- Paula DiGrigoli – Executive Director at NCH Safe & Healthy Children’s Coalition
- Niccole Howard – Executive Director at Collier Child Care Resources
“The Warm Up” ~ All first-time attendees will be greeted at 5:30 pm and will be introduced to our other members to help get the lay of the land, so to speak: What are Tech4Good, the agenda, and some of the routines we establish throughout the meeting.
We invite all local nonprofit organizations to network, learn, test and explore new technologies, to exchange ideas and best practices. #nptech #t4gswfl #nptechclub #net2
- 5:30 pm SWelcome New Members: Meet, Greet & Setup
- 6:00 pm Dinner & Networking
- 6:30 pm Introductions & Announcements
- 6:45 pm Social Media Surgery
- 7:45 pm Q & A, Networking
- 8:00 pm End & Clean-up
Thank you to all our Sponsors